Residential Inspection Services
RC Inspect provides comprehensive residential property inspection services with the goal of education in mind. By delivering a thorough, unbiased look into a property’s condition we can provide you with reliable information to empower the decision-making process.
An important component to selling a home is ensuring its readiness for listing. Our licensed inspectors will perform a thorough analysis of the home’s visible & readily accessible components. By completing this inspection, you will be aware of the home’s weaknesses to allow you the opportunity for remediation prior to listing or to provide transparency throughout the selling process.
When purchasing a new construction home, it is advised to have the property inspected prior to the builder’s final walkthrough. Our inspectors will perform the same analysis as a buyer or seller inspection. We encourage your attendance so that you may place painter’s tape on items that may not appear in the report but that you would want the builder to amend.
New Construction Phased
Upon buying a new home, most builders offer a warranty in which many repairs will be performed at no additional cost to the homeowner. Due to settling and use, a home may present with defects that were either not present or visible upon move-in. It is recommended to complete an inspection four to six weeks prior to the expiration of your warranty. Our inspector will complete a thorough analysis of the home in which you will be able to provide a comprehensive list to your builder.
When owning or looking to purchase a waterfront property, there are most often outdoor amenities that need to be considered. Our inspectors will not only perform a thorough analysis of the home but also of boat and jet ski lifts, docks, piers, and bulkheads.
Farm & Ranch
In addition to the main home, barns, stables, workshops, barndominiums, well & septic, other outbuildings, and fence lines are a few areas of consideration for a farm or ranch property. RC Inspect will work with you to determine which, if not all, areas you would like inspected.
As certified log home inspectors, we can spot the unique technicalities and intricacies that are posed with a log home. Wood rot, log sealant, settling, and maintenance are areas of significance that are scrutinized.
Included in Your Inspection:
- Foundations, crawl spaces, and basements
- Roofing Systems
- Soffits & Facias
- Attic Structure
- Ventilation & insulation
- Porches, decks, & patios
- Grading & drainage
- Driveways & walkways
- Interior & exterior walls, doors, & windows
- Ceilings, floors, & stairways
- Carports & garages
- Supply & distribution
- Drains, wastes, & vents
- Bath Fans
- Dryer vents
- Water Heaters
- Hydro-therapy tubs
- Service Entrance
- Distribution Panel
- Branch Circuits – GFCI/AFCI
- Garbage disposal
- Range hood
- Range, cooktop, oven
- Heating systems
- Cooling systems
- Scanning of Electrical Panel, HVAC Cabinet, & Shower Pan
- A full home scan can be included for an additional charge.
- Test zone functionality, up to 8 zones, and assess the spray direction of the sprinkler heads.
- Larger systems can be tested for an additional charge.
- Digital measurements are taken in the home’s largest main area on the ground floor to check the foundation for movement.
- House elevation plotting can be included for an additional fee.
- Suspect areas are measured
Tap Water Testing
- A digital dip test method is used to assess water quality against EPA drinking standards. Water will be tested from the kitchen faucet utilizing a pass/fail approach.
***Components must be visually and readily accessible to be inspected.